Cleb - November 17, 2016
The following has been added or changed in v1.0.3…
- All chemicals now use the absorption mechanics. This means you can absorb damaging chemicals are remove them from the environment just like you do with nutrients. This also means the more chemicals you absorb the more damage you take from a negative chemical.
- Chemicals are Absorbed based on stats. One interesting stat that affects absorption is size.
- Damaging Chemicals can be absorbed while moving.
- Soldier charge is now an aimable ability that must be cast.
- Soldier charge ability stats are now based on stats, and can thus be upgraded.
- Colonizing enzyme ability has been totally reworked. It now creates a new chemical presents into the environment just like any other chemical you find naturally in the environment. This chemical can be absorbed and will damage non allied units. This ability has also been set to use unit stats for effects meaning it can be upgraded.
- Added Temperature. This feature is still very rough.
- Each unit will have an ideal temperature. While in this temperature the unit will behave normally. The unit will incur effects if they are in a temperature that is drastically different from their ideal temperature.
- Low temperatures suppress units functions including speed, resource gathering, and reproduction. At extremely low temperatures your units will take damage.
- High temperatures will also deal damage to your units.
- Since these temperatures effects are relative to your units ideal temperature you could evolve units to operate in more extreme temperatures. You can see the temperature under the mouse by looking at the world readout menu where you look for what chemicals are present.
- Cold temperatures will be noticeable as a blue hue to the environment.
- Hot temperatures will be noticeable as a red hue to the environment.
- Added Mutation.
- Units can now mutate while fissioning
- These mutations will increase and decrease the stats of your units, in fact some rare mutations will kill your unit.
- Mutations will also change the appearance of your unit.
- Mutations will pass onto future generations.
- You can see what your mutation did by mousing of the mutation buff icon above their information menu when selected.
- Added more music tracks.
- Added a loading screen.
- Added a tutorial mode to help teach new players how to play.
- Added lots of minor user feedback and UI changes.
- Changed the ability bar swap key to Q
- Added a fission cooldown to newly created units.
- Fixed Cursor not locking to screen.